The Dixwell Dossier:HotCat
When turned on, HotCat displays several symbols within the category bar at the bottom of pages (an exception is listed below):
- "(−)" after a category name: when clicked, the category is automatically removed.
- "(±)" after a category name: when clicked, an input field to change this category is opened.
- "(↓)" after a category name: when clicked, the input field is opened, and a list of available subcategories is displayed.
- "(↑)" after a category: when clicked, the input field is opened, and a list of available parent categories is shown.
- "(+)" at the end of the list of categories: when clicked, an input field to add a category is opened.
- "(++)" at the front: when clicked, enters multi-change mode, allowing modifying more than one category.
The tool will not show "(−)" and "(±)" if any categories show up via infoboxes and the like. Only those actually present within the page's own wikitext can be modified.
- Added in version 2.2.